This cache is hidden near the ruins of two old castles, the Neuenberg-castle and the Eibach-castle.
The stash is named "Eibach stash" because you can start hunting it from Eibach-castle, some ruins behind waterditches near Scheel/Frielingsdorf (Bergisches Land).
You can also start from a parking area near the little village "Scheel". The co-ordinates of this place are:
N 51° 3.456
E 7° 26.480
If you start at this parking area, You should visit at first the "Zwergenhöhle" then "Neuenberg-castle" and then follow the path down.
The figures of the latitude are anywhere on the walls of the "Zwergenhöhle". In the niche of the entrance gate of Neuenberg-castle you will find the information about the longitude of the cache location. Do not climb on the tower! It´s too dangerous. With the given information You can only find a desert, but no cache. The reason can You read in the history, in the logged visits below.
To find out the present location make a simple calculation and a drawing in a map. Draw a line between this location and a point of the shoreline of a little nice pont on an area (direction: 70° ENE; distance: 944 metres), where in earlier years a farm must have existed. The distance between the point on the shoreline and the stash-location is 541 metres. Cache-evaluation 302 metres.
The stash container is a Rubbermaid type box, which is inside a blue plastic bag.
If you can locate the cache, please note your visit in the logbook. Sometimes this area attracts a lot of visitors. Be careful because the stash-location is near the trail "L". Please make sure to properly close the box and to cover the stash after your visit carefully. Otherwise the stash will be destroyed a third time.
But there is another possibility to find out the exact location. Please answer the following questions:
1. Call the year when Neuenberg-castle was mentioned the first time. Answer: ABCD
2. Call the year in which St. Engelbert was born in this castle. Answer: EFGH
3. In which year had the castle been pawned to the earls of Gimborn by the earls of Berg. Answer: IJKL
4. Call the year in which the castle was mentioned in a document at first. Answer: MNOP
The location is:
N HB° DL.HCJ; E K° JK.ACM
Es besteht auch die Möglichkeit, die Koordinaten des Caches durch die richtige Beantwortung von vier Fragen zu finden:
1. Wann wurde die Burg Neuenberg erstmals erwähnt? Antwort: ABCD
2. In welchem Jahr wurde der heilige Engelbert auf der Burg geboren? Antwort: EFGH
3. In welchem Jahr haben die Grafen von Berg die Burg Neuenberg an die Grafen von Gimborn verpfändet? Antwort: IJKL
4. Wann erfolgte die erste urkundliche Erwähnung der Burg? Antwort: MNOP
Die Location ist:
N HB° DL.HCJ; E K° JK.ACM