Blythburgh station marked the half way point between Southwold and Halesworth on the narrow gauge Southwold Railway. The line opened in 1879 and closed in 1929 though legal complications resulted in much of the line laying dormant until the drive for scrap metal in the Second World War lead to much of the line being taken up and recycled.
Very little of the line remains today, one exception being the coal shed close to the cache which may well fall down should the ivy be cut back – investigate with caution! The Southwold Railway Trust works to promote the memory of this little Victorian railway and hopes to reinstate parts of it to enable future generations learn about this narrow gauge passenger railway.
# # # # # # Congratulations to Landhammer and StripyJules for Joint FTF # # # # # #
More information about this series including hider and finder statistics can be found on the SideTracked series web pages.