Really Sidetracked - Sancta Lane Traditional Geocache
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Sanctus Road passes over Seven Meadows Road, which was the route that the Great Western Railway took as it left Stratford heading towards Cheltenham.
Sancta Lane was the site of the OWWR´s (Oxford, Worcester & Wolverhampton Railway) branch terminus and was only operational for a very brief period of time, from July 1859 to July 1861 when the OWWR was joined with the Stratford Upon Avon Railway's branch line to Hatton. The site of Sancta Lane station was near to where the exchange line from the former SMJ station met the GWR's West of England route and where the Sanctus Road bridge is today. Sancta Lane has become Sanctus Street on one side of the bridge and Sanctus Road on the other.
Yrff ohfl, xarr uvtu