Non-Trad Cache Challenge #27 - Trees
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
My goal is to put one out every week during 2013. We'll see how that goes. The cache IS at the posted coordinates. Good luck and enjoy.
This is part of a series of challenge caches which are all about non-traditional cache types. Some will be easy, and designed to introduce new cachers to these other cache types. Others will be difficult for even the most experienced cachers. Most will fall somewhere between these extremes. Anybody may log any of the challenges, and may use new or old finds to qualify. The only requirement is that you meet the challenge shown below. The actual hides will be easy, the difficulty rating reflects the difficulty of the challenge. The terrain rating is for the actual hide.
This is the first cache for the second half of this series. It shouldn't be too hard.. I've decided to make the July caches a little different. The next 5 caches (including this one) will be a bit more whimsical. For each of these challenges you will have to log 5 non-traditional caches whose titles contain a word dealing with a particular theme that is somehow related to geocaching. This is what I'll call my 5-5-5 challenge set (5 weeks of caches / 5 required caches each week / 5 different themes).
Please read the requirements carefully to be sure you qualify.
You may sign the log at any time, but you can only log the cache after you meet the requirements below. To prove that you meet the requirements include a list in your log showing the 5 qualifying caches. Your list must include the GC numbers, cache names and cache type for each of the caches.
This weeks challenge involves TREES. How many caches have you found on a tree, under a tree, in a tree....? Here are the requirements.
To qualify for this cache you must meet the requirements below:
That's it. Have fun!
- Find and log 5 non-traditional caches whose titles contain a word related to trees.
- The word must be actually referring to a tree or trees in some way. It cannot just be embedded in another word (A Ships Helm cannot count as "ELM".
- Be creative. I'm not going to be too fussy about the words you use.
- You can use a word more than once. For example, if you have 4 caches with the word PINE in them, you can use them all.
- Any non-traditional cache type except locationless caches and temporary caches that are part of an event may be used to meet this challenge.
To verify that I have met these requirements, here is my list. I'm including several different words in these caches to give you some ideas for your list. Obviously the word tree can be used, so I'm not including that in my list.
- GC1WXTV Old Stone Bridge/Tunnel Elm Road LMBT Letterbox
- GC12RW3 Adventure Walkway at Edison Woods Earthcache
- GC1600 Forest Service Info Center Virtual
- GC356QB What a View - "LEAF"y Scenery Unknown
- GCH69W Paying Homage To Our Roots Letterbox