Wellington Square is a garden square in central Oxford, England, a continuation northwards of St John Street. In the centre of the square is a small park, Wellington Square Gardens, owned by the University of Oxford. A bicycle route passes into Little Clarendon Streetthrough the pedestrian area at the front of the University Offices in the north-east of the Square.
The street name is used to refer metonymically to the central administration of the University of Oxford, which in 1975 moved from theClarendon Building to new buildings with an address in the Square but built at that time, along with graduate student accommodation, along the adjacent Little Clarendon Street.
The University's Department for Continuing Education is in the Square in Rewley House, which was designed in 1872 by the Oxford architect E.G. Bruton, who also laid out the square. This was the initial location of Kellogg College. Number 47 houses the administrative offices of the Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages.
The Oxford University Broadcasting Society used a studio of Radio Oxford in the Square.