This is part of a series of challenge caches which are all about non-traditional cache types. Some will be easy, and designed to introduce new cachers to these other cache types. Others will be difficult for even the most experienced cachers. Most will fall somewhere between these extremes. Anybody may log any of the challenges, and may use new or old finds to qualify. The only requirement is that you meet the challenge shown below. The actual hides will be easy, the difficulty rating reflects the difficulty of the challenge. The terrain rating is for the actual hide.
This is the fourth of the July series of caches. It shouldn't be too difficult, but you never know.
I've decided to make the July caches a little different. The 5 caches (including this one) will be a bit more whimsical. For each of these challenges you will have to log 5 non-traditional caches whose titles contain a word dealing with a particular theme that is somehow related to geocaching. This is what I'll call my 5-5-5 challenge set (5 weeks of caches / 5 required caches each week / 5 different themes).
Please read the requirements carefully to be sure you qualify.
You may sign the log at any time, but you can only log the cache after you meet the requirements below. To prove that you meet the requirements include a list in your log showing the 5 qualifying caches. Your list must include the GC numbers, cache names and cache type for each of the caches.
This weeks challenge involves CREEKS. Creeks, streams, etc. seem to show up a lot when you are out looking for caches. Some of those are named after the creek. This challenge is a tribute to all of those hides. Here are the requirements.
To qualify for this cache you must meet the requirements below:
- Find and log 5 non-traditional caches whose titles contain a word related to creeks.
- The word must be actually referring to a creek in some way. It cannot just be embedded in another word.
- Be creative. I'm not going to be too fussy about the words you use.
- You can use a word more than once. For example, if you have 4 caches with the word RIVER in them, you can use them all.
- Any non-traditional cache type except locationless caches and temporary caches that are part of an event may be used to meet this challenge.
That's it. Have fun!
To verify that I have met these requirements, here is my list. I'm including several different words in these caches to give you some ideas for your list.
- GC2MATZ Binghamton's Buried Stream Multi
- GC1DRW1 Up a Creek With A Canadian Earthcache
- GC32AE False Creek #3 Virtual
- GC1341F Maumee River Alvar Earthcache
- GC15Z13 Up the Creek Without a Cache? Multi