How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This is the Sixth in the series of Lord of the Rings landscape/ scenery inspired caches. Welcome to my collection of "Lord of the Rings" themed caches. This is the Sixth in a chain of Landscape or architecture inspired caches. This cache is more aimed at adventure for children.
In this Wherigo cache, you are trying help Frodo and Sam find out where they can find Merry and Pippin. They always seem to be 2 steps ahead, but they are leaving clues which will help you catch up with them! You will start at the entrance to a park, and by using the Wherigo cartridge downloaded from Wherigo.com at the link below, you will have a chance to catch up with Merry and Pippin. Just follow the Wherigo in order to enjoy the adventure
The cache is a black micro, please hide exactly as hidden
This series of caches has been at aimed at showing people the beautiful landscapes in Ireland and the comparison of the scenery filmed in the Lord of the Rings movies. This scenery caught alot of peoples attention, but there is very similar landscapes in Ireland.
This was the first Wherigo cache in Dublin.
What to do
1. As this will be alot of cachers first Wherigo cache,
Go to the Wherigo FAQ Link where it will tell you how to download and use a Wherigo cache
2. Use the following link to download the Wherigo cartridge for your Wherigo player (WhereYouGo for Android or Wherigo for iPhones, these apps are free to dowload)
***** It is recommended to use an Android or iPhone as Garmins have been found to be very problematic******
Link to download cartridge
3. You are looking for silver discs with clues etched on them, once you find the first at Stage 1, but be patient, the rest are easier!
4. When you get your completion code write it down, you will need this to unlock the Wherigo on Wherigo.com
5. When unlocking on Wherigo.com DO NOT ENTER LAST THREE DIGITS (first 15 characters ONLY!!!)when entering, there is an error that can not be fixed in the programming regardless of how much I have asked.
6. Rehide cache container EXACTLY as you find it
Happy Caching! And say hello to Frodo for me!
FGNTRF: ybbx sbe fuval pbvaf, SVANY: Zntargvp
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum