St. Michael and All Angels, Middlewich is the parish church for the town of Middlewich in Cheshire, England. It stands at the junction of the A54 and A533 roads. The church is a Grade II* listed building.
Parts of the church date from the 12th century, possibly the lower portion of the tower, but more likely the narrow arcade of the east bay. Most of the church was built during the period c1480–1520 when the nave clerestory was added, new windows were inserted, the Lady Chapel was built at the east end of the south aisle and a two-storey porch was added to the south side. In the following century the Kinderton chapel was added at the east end of the north aisle.The church was damaged during the Civil War, particularly during the First Battle of Middlewich in March 1643 when the Royalists used it as a place of sanctuary. In 1801 restorations were carried out, including moving the Venables screen into the tower. In 1857 a window was added to the memory of John Hulse. In 1857–1860 the north aisle and Kinderton chapel were remodelled by Joseph Clarke.[6] This was a part of a general remodelling of the church, which included removing the whitewash from the interior of the church to reveal the sandstone appearance seen today.
The cache is a small lock and lock box and is camoflauged with black plastic.
As this is in a busy spot in the centre of town you may want to avoid doing this in rush hours.
Watch out for the nettles!