Coity Road Sidings also known as Coity Junction were at the bottom end of the Llynvi and Ogmore Railway ( which were themselves a merger of the Duffryn, Llinvi and Porthcawl Railway and the Ogmore Valley Railway ) and the top end of the Vale of Glamorgan Railway. Together these two companies ran coal to Barry Docks which by 1910 was a larger exporter of coal than Cardiff. The sidings were in use mainly for coal storage from about 1885 to about 1995 although both lines had been closed during the sixties. Although considerable development has taken place around the site the sidings have been relatively untouched until 2013 when a major clearance has taken place, presumably for future development on the site.
The cache is placed in a little haven of land between the busy main road and housing developments. Unfortunately not all dog walkers clear up after their pets so watch out for geo kids.