Parking is available in the layby south of this catch, and Bow has a bus service using routes 50, 51 and 315. There are refreshments available at the Bow Garden Centre.
The two Bow Bridge are believed to be the very centre of Devon.
The village gets its name from the original bridge built with round stones to give an arch, instead of the clapper bridge flat ones. It used to straddle the river 'Nymet' (a word meaning Sacred Grove) but later the river was renamed the River Yeo. The bridges themselves have seen modernisation to cope with the need for road widening, and strengthened against river flooding.
Lots of history surrounding the area. Part of the A3072 south of CACHE ONE, in front of Silver Street Cottage, is known locally as Silver Street. It reputedly follows the old Roman road running to the fort in North Tawton.
In 1643 a battle took place at Bow Bridge between Royalists and Parliamentary Forces. Resulting in many deaths the mounds seen in the fields either side of the bridge reputable marking their burial places.
You are looking for a plastic storage box by the smaller of the two bridges. It is only just off the main pathway, so no need to get wet!