In March 1945, during the World War II, five shrine in Higashioojima area were destroyed by fire bombing of Tokyo.
After the war ended, representative of five shrine agreed to build an united shrine and in 1949 Higashioojima shrine was built.
Part of shrine garden is open to public as "Higashioojima kids' park". Cache is in kids' park area.
1945年3月の東京大空襲で東大島地区にあった永平神社・子安神社・小名木神社・北本所牛島神社・南本所牛島神社が焼失しました。
戦後、各神社の総代及び有志が5社の合併を決議し、1949年に東大島神社が創立され現在に至ります。(wikipediaより)
東大島神社ホームページ
神社の一角は、東大島児童遊園となっています。
キャッシュは児童遊園エリアに隠しました。