Perching on a sheer cliff above Gebel Mistra between the bays of San Blas and Dahlet Qorrot in Nadur, ta’ Sopu tower was built in 1667 during the reign of Grandmaster Nicholas Cottoner at the expense of the Università di Gozo, it remained unarmed for a few years.The tower remained in operation until 1 April 1873, after which no more soldiers were stationed for guard duties with the result that the site was neglected and remained abandoned since then.
The restored tower was inaugurated on 20 August 2006.The tower is square in shape, with thick battered inwardly-sloping walls. Internally, the tower consists of a high barrel vault with an intermediate floor resting on rib arches. A spiral staircase provides access to the various floors.
Upload photo with log for proof