This is part of a series of challenge caches which are all about non-traditional cache types. Some will be easy, and designed to introduce new cachers to these other cache types. Others will be difficult for even the most experienced cachers. Most will fall somewhere between these extremes. Anybody may log any of the challenges, and may use new or old finds to qualify. The only requirement is that you meet the challenge shown below. The actual hides will be easy, the difficulty rating reflects the difficulty of the challenge. The terrain rating is for the actual hide.
This is challenge number 44 in this series. This one is quite challenging. Please read the requirements carefully to be sure you qualify.
You may sign the log at any time, but you can only log the cache after you meet the requirements below. To prove that you meet the requirements include a list in your log showing the qualifying caches. Your list must include the GC numbers, cache names, cache types and the number of years that the cache laid dormant (must be in half-year increments)..
NOTE: DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND I HAVE CHANGED THE MINIMUM TIME FROM 1 YEAR TO 1/2 YEAR.
This cache is a twist on a local "Resurection" challenge. All caches used to qualify for this cache must be non-traditional types.
- Accumulate 5 points by finding and logging non-traditional caches that have not been found for at least a year. .
- A point is awarded for each cache based on the amount of time it has gone unfound:
- 1 point for 1 year
- 1.5 points for 1.5 years
- 2 points for 2 years
- You may only count points for half-year increments with a minimum time of 1/2 year.
- You may do this with as few as 1 cache or as many as 5 caches.
- Past finds count.
To verify that I have met these requirements, here is my list. I did this with 2 finds:
- GC1EN1N Buried Treasure Earthcache 4 Years
- GC38TA0 Y S U -- Enigma Unknown 1 Year
I decided to try this one again during 2016. As of 3/6/16 I have the following non-traditional resurrections:
- GCGMWD Bunches of O's Unknown 2.5 Years
- GC12GJ2 Dennison Run Letterbox Letterbox 2 Years
- GC4XC17 Ice Cold Unknown 1 Year
- GC3443X A Volcanic Intrusion Earthcache 1.5 Years
- GC19CVY The Brown Family Cemetery on SGL 238 1.5 Years
- GC335BE A River of Stone Earthcache 1.5 Years
That gives me 10 points to start 2016. The caches are definitely available to be able to do this one.
That's all there is to it, have fun!