Skip to content

Chiesa di S.Antonio abate Traditional Cache

Hidden : 11/24/2013
Difficulty:
2 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size:   other (other)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


esternoita La chiesa Sant’Antonio abate a Moncucco di Olgiate Olona fu edificata nella seconda metà del Cinquecento dai frati Carmelitani con un piccolo monastero attiguo; accanto, esisteva anche un cimitero circondato da muro e visibile ancora nel 1689.
Il nome “Moncucco” richiama non un monte, ma un cocuzzolo: chiesa e monastero, infatti, sovrastano la valle dell’Olona. Dopo che nell’ottobre del 1652 Papa Innocenzo X decretò la soppressione dei piccoli conventi, anche quello olgiatese venne chiuso, sia a causa del numero esiguo di religiosi, sia perché la comunità di frati si distinse in negativo per la non osservanza di regole monastiche e per gli attriti col clero locale.
esterno A fine Ottocento la chiesa Sant’Antonio abate fu valorizzata e impreziosita: nel 1864 venne istallata la campana, fusa dalla fonderia Bizzozero di Varese (scampata alle requisizioni di bronzo per scopi bellici), nel 1889 arrivò il pronao e nel 1890 fu costruito l’altare maggiore.
Mentre nella seconda metà del Novecento nell’ex convento i nuovi proprietari - privati - ricavarono abitazioni, la chiesa Sant’Antonio abate fu oggetto di lavori e abbellimenti: negli anni Ottanta il rifacimento delle porte d’ingresso, negli anni Novanta il restauro di campanile, tetto e cappelle laterali; interventi necessari data l’unicità del tempio cinquecentesco. La chiesa, interamente affrescata e dotata di un bellissimo soffitto ligneo a cassettoni che crea un’ottima acustica, rappresenta l’unico sito storico-artistico di interesse turistico a Olgiate Olona.
La chiesa Sant’Antonio abate, cara agli olgiatesi, ogni anno torna a brillare quattro volte: per la festa patronale del 17 gennaio, per la Festa della Pietà, nel mese mariano e il 16 luglio per festa liturgica della Madonna del Carmine, celebrata con solennità venerando la statua della Beata vergine Maria del monte Carmelo custodita nella chiesa (quella oggi visibile fu benedetta a luglio 1957).

Questa chiesetta è di speciale rilievo per gli owners della cache in quanto vide il loro matrimonio il 13 Ottobre 2012.

eng The church “Sant’Antonio abate a Moncucco” in Olgiate Olona was built in the second half of the sixteenth century by the Carmelite friars with a small monastery adjacent; next to this, there was also a graveyard surrounded by the wall and still visible in 1689.
The name "Moncucco" doesn’t a mountain but n hilltop: church and monastery, in fact, are above the valley of the Olona. After October 1652 Pope Innocent X suppressed the smaller monasteries, including this one, either because of the small number of religious and because the community of monks distinguished himself in negative for the non-observance of monastic rules and for friction with the local clergy.
In the late nineteenth century, outside the church was enhanced and embellished: in 1864 it was installed the bell, cast by the foundry Bizzozero of Varese (it has escaped the requisitions bronze for war purposes), in 1889 came the pronaos and in 1890 was built the big altar.
While in the second half of the twentieth century the new owners - private - built houses where there was the convent, the church was the subject of works and embellishments: in the eighties the renovation of the entrance gates, in the nineties the restoration of the bell tower, roof and side chapels. The church, with frescoes and equipped with a beautiful wooden ceiling which creates excellent acoustics, is the only site of historic and artistic interest to tourists in Olgiate Olona.
The church Sant’Antonio abate a Moncucco, every year returns to its old shine four times: at the patronal feast of 17 January, the Feast of Mercy, in the Marian month and 16 July for the liturgical feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

This church is of special importance to the owners of the cache because it saw their marriage October 13, 2012.

Flag Counter

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Guvpx nf n...

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)