We have Motorway Mayhem and we have A-Road Anarchy. Now a series for public transport users!
SideTracked Caches are intended to provide quick cache-and-dashes at train stations.
For more information on SideTracked Caches, please visit SideTracked
Maidstone East was opened as Maidstone by the London, Chatham and Dover Railway (LCDR) on 1 June 1874 as the terminus of the line from Otford. On 1 July 1884, the line was extended eastwards to Ashford. In 1899, following the merger of the LCDR with the South Eastern Railway (SER) which operated the Medway Valley line, the station was given its current name to distinguish it from the SER's identically named station which was renamed Maidstone West.
Following the grouping of mainline rail companies into regional railways in 1923, the Southern Railway undertook electrification as far as Maidstone East in 1939. Electrification to Ashford was carried out in 1961. Goods services at the station were discontinued in 1965.
You are looking for a magnetic nano
There is no need to enter the station to find this cache!