Daniel Harrison and his wife, Margaret, built this house with its 2 foot thick walls circa 1749, making it one of the oldest houses in Rockingham County. The Harrisons ran a grist mill, a distillery, and a general store in the area. The house was renamed Fort Harrison during the French and Indian War. The house has been restored and is open to the public every weekend from May to October. More info.