Skip to content

❣ Villa Viani ❣ Traditional Cache

Hidden : 12/14/2013
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1 out of 5

Size: Size:   micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:






Consiglio di lasciare l'auto alle coordinate indicate per il parcheggio al waypoint "Parking".

Portare una penna.
Vi preghiamo di fare molta attenzione e di riposizionarlo esattamente come lo avete trovato. Grazie!

Le famiglie dei Viani e dei Barnati, probabilmente tra il XV ed il XVI secolo, si aggregarono accasandosi su questa terra. Ai due distinti insediamenti famigliari si affiancò il borgo del Poggio forse abitato in virtù dalla posizione soleggiata e dalla disponibilità di fertili campagne. Almeno tre mulattiere salivano dal paese verso el crinale, dove incrociavano la Strada Marenca; altre strade portavano alla vicina Villa Guardia, a Bestagno e alla pieve di San Michele.

La Fontana Vecchia di Villa Viani, ell’esempio di "ingegneria povera", ricorda le tante opere idrauliche presenti nei paesi, nelle campagne e persino nei boschi: sorgenti, fontane, lavatoi, condotte e beodi un tempo indispensabili alla vita e all’economia quotidiana.

La seicentesca panoramica parrocchiale di Villa Viani dedicata all'Assunzione di Maria condivide la piazza con l'oratorio di San Giuseppe disegnato nel 1767 da Antonio Filippo Marvaldi di Candeasco. Nella parrocchiale si conserva il Crocifisso fortunosamente risparmiato dal crollo della Chiesa di San Matteo di Villa Guardia a seguito del rovinoso franamento del 1802.





Please park at the "Parking" coordinates waypoint.

No pen. Close the cache properly and place the cache exactly where you found it. Thank you!

The families of Viani and Barnati, probably between the fifteenth and the sixteenth century, settled on this land. The two separate settlements were joined by the village of Poggio inhabited perhaps because of its south-facing location and the availability of fertile lands . At least three mule tracks came up from the village to the ridge, where they crossed the Marenca road. Other roads led to the nearby Villa Guardia, to Bestagno and the parish church of St Michael.

The Old Fountain in Villa Viani , an example for the simple engineering in the countryside, recalls the many hydraulic works in the villages, in the fields, and even in the woods: springs, fountains, sinks and pipes, which were at that time indispensable to the life and daily work.

The seventeenth-century parish of Villa Viani overlooking the valley and dedicated to the Assumption of Mary shares the square with the oratory of St. Joseph, designed in 1767 by Filippo Antonio Marvaldi Candeasco. Inside the parish church, a well preserved Crucifix, which luckily was spared from the collapse of the Church of San Matteo in Villa Guardia following the disastrous landslide of 1802.





Bitte parkt Euer Auto bei den Koordinaten, die im Waypoint "Parking" angeben sind.

Kein Kugelschreiber vorhanden.
Bitte den Cache ordentlich verschließen und bitte genau dorthin zurücklegen, wo Ihr ihn gefunden habt.





Garez-vous aux coordonnées stipulées dans le Waypoint.

Pas de stylo.
Merci de refermer le cache correctement et de le placer où vous l'avez trouvé.

Les familles Viani et Barnati, probablement entre le XV et XVI siècle, se sont installées en ces terres. Bientôt, les deux familles distinctes se raccrochèrent au village de Poggio idéalement situé sur une pente ensoleillée, avec des champs fertiles. Au moins trois chemins muletiers partaient de la ville vers la crête menant à la route Marenca. D’autres routes menaient à Villa Guardia, Bestagno et l'église paroissiale de San Michele.

L’ancienne fontaine dans le village de Viani, qui un exemple d’ingénierie simple en pleine campagne, est connectée aux nombreux ouvrages hydrauliques de la vallée, aux champs et même à la forêt : sources, fontaines, puits et canalisations, indispensables à la vie et au travail quotidiens.

La paroisse du XVII siècle qui surplombe la vallée, est dédiée à l'Assomption de la Vierge Marie. Sur la même place, l'oratoire de San Giuseppe conçu en 1767 par Antonio Filippo Marvaldi Candeasco. A l’intérieur de l’église, un crucifix en bonne état, qui a par chance a été épargné suite à l'effondrement de l'église de San Matteo à Villa Guardia lors du glissement de terrain catastrophique de 1802.



Additional Hints (Decrypt)

VG: ohpb ary zheb (sbgb aryyn tnyyrevn qv vzzntvav) RA: ubyr va gur jnyy (cvpgher va gur vzntr tnyyrel) QR: Ybpu va qre Fgrvaznhre (Sbgb va qre Sbgbtnyyrevr) SE: gebh qnaf yr zhe (cubgb qnaf yn tnyrevr q'vzntrf)

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)