Skip to Content

<

SideTracked - Clean Ponds

A cache by -CJ- Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 12/20/2013
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size: micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:

[EN] It's a magnetic micro container. Please avoid muggles' attention, there are many people around the place. The container can be easily grabbed with one quick move even in peak hours. [RU] Магнитный микрокеш. Пожалуйста, не привлекайте внимание посторонних, вокруг очень много людей. Контейнер можно достать одним быстрым движением даже в пиковые часы.


(Описание на русском - ниже)

"Clean Ponds" ("Chistye prudy") metro station is a part of the very first underground branch built in Moscow ("from Sokolniki to the Park by metro", as the famous Russian singer Leonid Utesov sang). These stations were constructed in 1935.

Interesting facts

  • Initially they suggested to name the station "Myasnitskaya" ("myaso" in Russian stands for "meat"). This was because the neighborhood belonged to merchants who sold meat in the city (and the nearest street still has the name Myasnitskaya). However in December 1934 one of the most known leaders of the Soviet government Sergey Kirov was murdered and so the station was renamed to honor the revolutioner ("Kirovskaya").
  • The ground here was very difficult for constructors, unstable and watered. So they avoided building one large hall and constructed two smaller halls instead connected by passages with each other. Only in 1971 the station was reconstructed and these two halls were joined into one.
  • During the WW2 the station served as a bomb shelter and working place for the military headquarters of the Red Army. Since the metro kept working they erected special shields to protect the staff from the trains which passed by. Nevertheless, the noise was terrible and the wind from the trains was so strong that papers were blown from tables all the time.
  • In November 1990 many names of different objects in the capital were changed and "Kirovskaya" was renamed into "Clean Ponds" after the famous ponds nearby and the boulevard. However there was a short period, just several days, while the station was officially called "Myasnitskaya" - one of numerous episodes of traditional chaos with naming of the Moscow metro stations.
  • This was the first station of the Moscow underground where they used daylight (luminescent) lamps (1947).
  • Passage to "Turgenevskaya" station was opened in 1972, passage to "Sretensky Boulevard" in 2008.
  • This is one of few stations where one can observe large letters "METRO" at the top of the vestibule (from outside).
  • The vestibule is cubical and the only one of this form remaining in the city.
  • In April 2013 at night the workers of the Moscow metro painted the granite columns of the vestibule with ugly grey paint. People who witnessed this asked "what are you doing?" and got a vague answer "now it will be easier to clean the columns". This story led to great scandal because the station (including the columns) has been counted as a national monument of architecture. In few days the paint disappeared. The administrators explained later that the paint was actually some special substance to remove graffiti and advertisements from the columns and that the intention was to clean this substance off. However this magical substance didn't work.

Outside the station

  • The square where the vestibule stands is called "Myasnitskiye Vorota" (Myasnitskiye Gate). The neighbouring buildings are all former houses for rent of XIX century.
  • From the side of the boulevard one can see the monument to the great Russian writer and diplomat Alexander Griboedov (1959). At the bottom of the monument there are figures of characters of probably the most known comedy by Griboedov - "The Woes of Wit". Griboedov himself lived not far away.
  • Between the vestibule and the monument there is a route terminal. The famous tram route "A" passed here more then 100 years ago in 1911. Muscovites used to call it "Annushka" for years.

(For description in English look above)

Станция "Чистые пруды" принадлежит самой первой ветке московского метрополитена ("от Сокольников до Парка на метро", как пел знаменитый Утесов). Эти станции были построены в 1935 году.

Интересные факты

  • Проектное название станции - "Мясницкая". Раньше в окрестностях находилась "вотчина" торговцев мясом (отсюда и название ближайшей улицы - Мясницкая). Но в декабре 1934 года был убит один из наиболее ярких деятелей советского режима Сергей Киров, и станцию было решено назвать в его честь: Кировская.
  • Местный грунт оказался крайне неудобным для строительства, неустойчивым и насыщенным водой. Поэтому вместо одного большого зала пришлось построить два малых, соединенных с эскалаторами проходами. Реконструкция и постройка общего зала стали возможны только в 1971 году.
  • Во время Великой Отечественной войны в центральном зале станции (на глубине 35 метров) работал аппарат Генштаба. Поскольку метро продолжало работать, сотрудников Генштаба пришлось отгородить от проходящих поездов специальными щитами. Несмотря на это, работе мешал постоянный шум от поездов, а ветер, пробивающийся через щели, сдувал со столов важные бумаги.
  • В ноябре 1990 года в ходе ревизии всех названий советского периода "Кировскую" переименовали в "Чистые пруды" - по названию знаменитых Чистых прудов и бульвара. Однако был короткий промежуток, несколько дней, когда станция называлась "Мясницкая" - один из многих эпизодов беспорядка с названиями станций, характерного для московской подземки.
  • Это первая станция московского метро, где вместо ламп накаливания стали использовать лампы дневного света (люминесцентные) (1947 год).
  • Переход на станцию "Тургеневская" был построен в 1972 году, а на станцию "Сретенский бульвар" - в 2008 году.
  • Это одна из немногих станций, где снаружи можно видеть большие буквы "МЕТРО".
  • Кубической формы вестибюль станции - единственный из подобных, сохранившийся до наших дней.
  • В апреле 2013 года работники метрополитена ночью выкрасили гранитные колонны вестибюля жуткой серой краской. На вопросы прохожих "что вы делаете?" маляры неопределенно отвечали "так проще мыть". Это вызвало нешуточный скандал: станция, включая колонны, все-таки относится к памятникам архитектуры. Через несколько дней так же внезапно краску убрали. Руководство метрополитена вяло объясняло, что это была не краска, а некий специальный раствор для борьбы с граффити и наклейками-объявлениями, который предполагалось смыть. Однако "чудо-раствор" не подействовал.

Снаружи

  • Площадь, на которой стоит вестибюль, называется Мясницкие ворота. Окружающая застройка - бывшие доходные дома XIX века.
  • Со стороны бульвара хорошо виден памятник знаменитому русскому писателю и дипломату Александру Грибоедову (1959 год). У основания памятника вы можете видеть персонажей, вероятно, самого известного произведения писателя - комедии "Горе от ума". Сам Грибоедов жил неподалеку.
  • Между вестибюлем метро и памятником Грибоедову находится разворот трамвайных путей. Это конечная станция знаменитого маршрута "А", который был запущен здесь более 100 лет назад - в 1911 году. Москвичи издавна зовут этот трамвай "Аннушка".

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

tngr, yrsg

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)



 

Find...

157 Logged Visits

Found it 114     Didn't find it 29     Write note 4     Temporarily Disable Listing 3     Enable Listing 3     Publish Listing 1     Owner Maintenance 2     Update Coordinates 1     

View Logbook | View the Image Gallery of 8 images

**Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

Current Time:
Last Updated:
Rendered From:Unknown
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum

Return to the Top of the Page

Reviewer notes

Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.