Slender Man (a.k.a Slenderman) is a mythical creature often depicted as a tall, thin figure wearing a black suit and a blank face. According to the legend, he can stretch or shorten his arms at will and has tentacle-like appendages protruding from his back.
Slenderman has no exactly defined or specified history, however photographs from the early 1900s were the next confirmed reports, where imagery of Slenderman can be found in classical black and white and sepia imagery. Reports from this time indicate sightings in America, the UK, and Russia, as well as reports of child disappearances. In America and Canada, reports of missing skiers and children appeared, coming from forested areas of the nations.
After a spree of building burnings from unknown causes, several deaths and a few surviving witnesses, it could be gathered that the Slenderman had the following traits:
- Slenderman will find interest in a victim for reasons unknown
- He would then contact the victim; if it is a child, presenting himself as friendly
- The adults he stalks have a common trait: they have all been through a terrible tragedy in their life, even if the tragedy was made by Slenderman directly
- If an adult, he would stalk the victim for long amounts of time causing what is known as "Slender sickness:" massive paranoia, nose bleeds, nightmares, hallucinations appearing to only the sick person, and many other dangerous symptoms.
- Eventually, he would abduct the victim into nearby forest, where they would be killed.
- In 'messy' cases, he may remove evidence of its existence by causing fire of their home, place of work, or school
His behavior is extremely passive aggressive. He stalks, follows, and torments an individual by repeatedly showing his presence. He will typically do so in invasive ways:appearing inside someone's house, outside their home, on roads they travel, at their place of work when they are alone, or while the target is sleeping. This will create a general unease of the target, as the invasion of an entity in their own safety zone will begin sparking incredible paranoia. Most often he won't attack the target for extended periods, instead just following the target and tormenting them. This period can last anywhere from several minutes to years.
Often the remains of the missing people are never found. They just dissapear.
This second cache is placed in a dark grove of pines because Slender has been sighted multiple times in thin trees. While we were there hiding the cache, we started to hear strange noises in the trees around us. They sounded like rustling or scratching. It was probably an animal, but.....
Wherever Slenderman goes, a tiny white doll with no markings shows up. The doll will appear and disappear in the victim's house, appearing randomly to startle and scare the victim. It seems to move on its own. The doll never does anything or harms anyone, but if you see it you better run...because it means that Slender is watching nearby.
In this cache you will find a log and pen, but also the second of the eight pages. These "pages" are scattered randomly in places where Slender has been spotted. It is said that if you find all 8 pages, he will stop following you.
Hurry! And good luck!