Vital Statistics – A 100% cacher
Are you worthy?
This is one of (what will be) a series of challenge caches that embraces the geeky mathematical nature in us all and looks at the statistics behind geocaching.
This is a challenge cache requiring you to have found 100% of a cacher’s active hidden caches. The cacher must have 25 or more caches.
Whilst looking at my project gc statistics, I noticed that Boomshanka was the first person who had managed to find 100% of my caches (until now!) It was this that inspired me to create this challenge cache.
- You must have found 100% of another geocacher’s active caches - this excludes any disabled or archived caches.
- The geocacher must have 25 or more active caches.
How to Calculate if I have 100%:
- A geochecker is available here on Project GC to do all the hard work to work out if you currently fullfill the requirements. Note: It may take up to a day or so for Project GC to update with your most recent finds.
- If you haven't yet qualified it will give you hints as to which cache owners you may want to concentrate on.
- If you want to do the check manually then on geocaching.com view the owner you think you may have achieved. List their geocaches in date placed order (oldest first). Then for each date you found them check whether you had found all their other caches that were placed on or before this that were active on that date. Check whether this totals at least 25 caches.
How to claim this cache:
- Ensure that you have complied with the above rules.
- In your log, please include: name of cacher whose caches you have found and number of their caches found, and the date that this occured.
- (Optional) As this is a good opportunity to celebrate each other’s caches, please also include the GC code (or link) of the most favourite or memorable cache belonging to that cacher. A short description of why it was your favourite would make your log even more interesting and useful for everybody.
Any logs that fail to meet this criteria may be deleted.