Westbourne Park Station
There were once British Rail platforms on the Great Western Main Line, but these closed in March 1992. This was for a Railway Engineering project that was refered to as Operation Big Bang. This was to allow the building of 6 bi-directional lines which enabled more trains to enter and leave London Paddington at the same time. When the announcement was made that the station was to be closed just 6 official objections was received. Today the first stop out of Paddington is at Acton Main Line.
It is also a current London Underground station on the Circle and Hammersmith and City lines, between Ladbroke Grove and Royal Oak stations, and in Travelcard Zone 2 in The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea . Although the Metropolitan Railway had been extended to Notting Hill and Hammersmith on 1 June 1864 the first station by this name did not open until 1 February 1866.
This closed on 31 October 1871 to be replaced the following day by a new station constructed to the east of the original.
In February 1913 a bomb - possibly planted by the Suffragettes - was discovered at Westbourne Park station.
Adjoining the station is the Tower Transit bus garage.