A short walk of just under 1 mile there and back (less than 1/2 mile each way).
The public right of way is part of the Jubilee Trail and this section is actually a green lane - but not used by vehicles often.
A lovely quiet track through woodland with glimpses of the obelisk - folly for Moreton House.
A series of 3 caches to find - all micros - and all different!
Moreton House was built by James Frampton in 1744. The Frampton family are for ever associated with the Tolpuddle Martyrs – a later James was not only the first to draw the authorities’ attention to the six proto-trade unionists but was a member of the jury at their trial – yet for six centuries they have been generally benevolent landlords of a large estate which included most of the village of Moreton. The obelisk to the south of the village was erected in 1786 as a memorial to James Frampton. It gives him something in common with George III, whose statue on the Esplanade at Weymouth was designed by the same architect, James Hamilton. Tweezers required!!
Zhfuebbz? Ol gval ubyyl ng onfr bs uhtr fghzc.