Craigendoran has a long and prestigious History.
In 1872 the plan to make a line running through the centre of Helensburgh to its pier was quashed by the Government after the locals believed it would make Helensburgh "a dirty coaling place".
In 1879 permission was given to build a new station, and in a 1882 the first two platforms of Craigendoran, and Craigendoran pier were opened, allowing trains to run to Helensburgh and also to the pier where the steamer services were ran from.
It was a further 12years before the Craigendoran Upper platform was opened in 1894 on the West Highland Line up to Fort William. With the opening of the third platform this became one of the most used stations in the local area.
Between 1964 and 1984 the amount of passengers reduced, the steamer service stopped and sidings were shut. This meant that the need for such a large and impressive set up was no longer needed, meaning that the Craingendoran pier and upper platforms were shut, abandoned and eventually removed.
In 1984 the lines were changed to what we see now, with a single line running between Helensburgh Central and Edinburgh Waverley, with a single platform. Although the Craigendoran Upper Platform was shut, a single line still runs up to Fort William. Although the station looks abandoned and forgotten about Scotrail are investing a lot to modernise and improve the station to make it a station the locals can be proud of.