In order to do this cache, you will need to figure out a pair of coordinates based on the date and time. For example, if the date and time you plan on visiting the cache were July 4, 2002, at 3:45:30 PM, you would have the following numbers to work with:
Month = 07
Day = 04
Year = 02
Hour = 03 or 15 (12-hour or 24-hour clock)
Minute = 45
Second = 30
Choose 4 of these numbers, and create coordinates based on the following:
N/S xx° (aa).(bb)x
E/W xx° (cc).(dd)x
where x can be ANY number, and aa, bb, cc, and dd are 4 of the 6 date/time numbers.
Using my example, and given the fact that I live in the general vicinity of N32° W97° some of the coordinates I could choose would be:
N32° 07.04x W97° 02.03x (N32° month.day W97° year.hour)
N32° 45.15x W97° 07.02x (N32° minute.hour W97° month.year)
N32° 30.04x W97° 45.07x (N32° second.day W97° minute.month)
Once you have your coordinates, you must go to those coordinates at the time you selected. You must take a picture with both your GPSr (showing the coordinates)and a watch (showing the time and date) in the picture, and post the picture online to claim this cache. If your GPSr shows both coords and date/time, then you don't need a picture of a watch.
1. You can only use one of the hour numbers (12-hour or 24-hour).
2. You can only use each number once.
3. The five-minute rule: In order to capture the minutes or seconds, you may choose to take two pictures, one within five minutes BEFORE the time, and one picture within five minutes AFTER the time.
4. If you fail to capture the picture(s) within your time window, you're out of luck. You'll have to try again later.
5. Your coordinates MUST be in a location that you have legal access to. If they are on private property, you MUST obtain permission.
1. If you do not have a digital camera, use a regular camera, and have the pictures scanned. If you cannot get access to a scanner, email me, and I will give you my address so you can mail me the picture(s).
2. You may post your find as a NOTE until you get your photos back and scanned, then you may change your NOTE to a FIND once the pictures are posted.
3. FIND logs without the required photo(s) will be deleted. Logs with extremely fuzzy, illegible photos MAY be deleted at my discretion. Email me if your photos are illegible.
4. Changing the time and/or date on your watch, using a broken watch where the time doesn't change, or using the time in a time zone other than the one in which the coordinates are located do not meet the requirements for this cache.
5. Only log a "find" ONCE. Additional finds may be logged as a "note."
6. In the event someone figures out something I didn't think of in these rules, FIND logs that I determine do not meet the SPIRIT of this cache may be deleted at my discretion.
Sorry for the excessive rules. This is due to some unpleasant experiences I've had with cachers "interpreting" the rules of some of my other virtual caches. Happy caching! Don't be late!