2014 Cache and Release! event in Beaver Dam, WI
Saturday, August 23, 2104
FYI: Cache and Release is just a cute title that means we are going to release 30 new caches in Beaver Dam for this event. We are also proud of our fishing in the area, so the name followed.
Thank you for your patience regarding the details. They may change slightly.
Event Rules and Guidelines:
1. Each team must register at the Beaver Dam Chamber of Commerce in order to be eligible for the prize drawings. Teams will receive their event booklet with the complete list of geocache sites and their coordinates after 11:00 AM. The event starts at 12:30 PM when the city horn is sounded and game cards are distributed. START: Beaver Dam Chamber of Commerce located @ 127 S. Spring St, Beaver Dam WI (N 43 27.330, W 88 50.200)
2. All coordinates will be distributed in hard copy form and not electronically in order to level the playing field for all contestants. They will also be published that morning on www.geocaching.com (approximately 6 AM).
All thirty of the caches start with "BDC 14"
3. The event ends at Park Avenue Sports Café. Each team must be in line to submit their official scorecard by 5 PM in order to be eligible for prize tickets for the drawings. END: Park Avenue Sports Café located @ 709 Park Avenue, Beaver Dam WI (N 43 27.365, W 88 49.240). Food and drink are available but cachers should be expected to pay for their orders.
4. Each team will receive 1 raffle ticket for registering. Additional raffle tickets may be earned, 1 for every 5 caches that are confirmed on the official scorecard. You must be present to win prizes. Prizes include a $50, $30 and $20 cash prize.
5. Teams may have as many members as they like, but remember, your official scorecard must have the stamp or code word to validate that you found the cache and receive a point for that cache. No cheating!
6. Teams may not interfere with another teams’ progress in the event! All stamps and logs must remain with the caches. Any team found altering or removing any of those items will be asked to leave the event.
7. All caches are located so there is minimal disturbance to the land or environment. Caches are located along marked trails or in easily found areas. PLEASE be sensitive to the property that you are on. Teams are instructed to obey all posted signs on all of the properties where geocaches are located. Your failure to comply may result in fines or arrest for your team. Please stay on marked trails and take out any trash that you bring in (CITO). Be sure to pick up after your pet.
8. Some caches have separate coordinates for parking. Please park only in designated parking areas. Please be sure to park fully off the road and do not create a hazard. Display your dash card in your vehicle.
9. Several of the event caches are placed on a bike trail (3 miles round trip). Please wear a helmet and respect other trail users.
10. Remember that this is a family friendly activity, so act accordingly. There are many muggles in Beaver Dam to educate or avoid. Have fun! Event attendees assume all risks in seeking geocaches. The Beaver Dam Chamber of Commerce, Park and Recreation Department, and any of its members or volunteers, may not be held liable for any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential damages connected with this event.
11:00 AM Registration opens
Beaver Dam Chamber of Commerce 127 S. Spring St, Beaver Dam WI N 43 27.330, W 88 50.200
12:30 PM Start of the event - game cards are distributed.
5:00 PM End of the event
Park Avenue Sports Cafe 709 Park Avenue, Beaver Dam WI N 43 27.365, W 88 49.240
5:30 PM Winners of raffle announced
We will have 30 new caches of various type and difficulty in the beautiful Beaver Dam area. We tried to place the caches with various levels of difficulty, but the event is definitely family friendly and good for first-timers and experts. We will have puzzle caches, traditional caches, a multi-cache, and an event cache so you can get a lot of those August souvenirs. A bike may be helpful as there are several caches on the nearby Wild Goose Bike Trail. This week I noticed the area was not very buggy, but there were poisonous plants so you may want to bring long clothes. Event will be held rain or shine!
If you need lodging, one of our sponsors is AmericInn located at 325 Seippel Blvd (920-356-9000).
One of our teams offered to bring a geocoin to donate to the raffle items. What a great idea for those of you who are feeling gracious! Since this is our first year and a free event, you could help us by bringing an item to give away in the raffle. Please keep the item inexpensive (less than $20) and make it either geocaching/outdoor related or something special from your community. You can help make the event even more memorable!
We have created a bookmark list for this event:
Public Bookmark List