How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Would like to use another Letterbox to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary.
About that cache
A selfie is a self-portrait photograph, typically taken with a hand-held digital camera or camera phone. Selfies are often shared on social networking services such as Instagram, Snapchat, and Tumblr. They are often casual, and are typically taken either with a camera held at arm's length or in a mirror.
So how do you make a letterbox "selfie"? That is simple, all you need is just an "Instant Camera"!
If it is your first time to use instant camera, please read that instruction clearly before go!
1. On and Off the camera
The on/off button is actually the lens, pull to ON and push to OFF.
2. Check the remaining photo count
At the back, check the remaining film count, 1 pack contains 10 photos
3. Say "Cheese"
I am not going to teach you how to take selfie photo, I guess it is not necessary, but just want to remind you, the shutter button is at the front, the BIG PINK one.
4. Wait for 3 mins
Once you pressed the shutter button, the photo should came out from the top of the camera, don't touch it and let it cool down for about 3 mins, the picture will came out slowly.
5. Share your photo
Finally, you are advised to share your happy moment with other cachers, post your photo either in log book or online. (optional for sure)
6. Official user manual
If you want to know more, check out the user manual there.
Special Reminder: Changing Film Pack
If you suspect no more film available, try to press the shutter button 1 or 2 more times to double confirm it. Once you confirm all films used up, you can open the film chamber and put a new pack inside.
After replaced a new film pack, the 1st photo taken is actually a "blank" sheet, that used it to reset the camera, the next one is a real one.
Be very careful that, if you open the film chamber with un-used file inside, all un-used film inside will be exposed, can't be used any more.
1. GPS signal at GZ is actually no use, check the hints will be easier
2. Once you grabbed the container, you can play it at the nearby small basketball court
3. You are advised to visit that box with another cacher, more people, more fun!
4. For each cacher, you can take 2 photos, stick 1 at the log book (optional for sure) and keep the other yourselves
5. You are always welcome to donate for the cost of film, or bring a pack of film to the box, the model number of camera is "FujiFilm Instax Mini 7S", use the film model "Instax Mini"
6. Thanks for the help from fellow cachers, CX15 and Vistalia
7. Finally, thanks for all support from my dearest geowife, the camera is actually my gift of Valentine's day
Check this cache at instagram too!
Geocache of the week
Gernfher obk (fvzvyne gb TP4LQCP) va gur qhatrba, thneqrq ol na benatr qentba.
Zntvp jbeq gb gur qentba: CYNL
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum