King Robert's great charter of 1319, allowed the citizens of Aberdeen to own the Burgh, the forests and all the revenue from the land within the borders. The revenue from the Freedom Lands is known as "The Common Good Fund".
The Burgh borders were marked by 67 March Stones the first being Alpha and the last Omega. The stones can still be found today, Alpha is near Old Ford Road on the banks of the Dee, whilst Omega is in open ground by the Bridge of Don.
March Stone 33 is located at the edge of a a field near the car park and steps up to Elrick Hill at the back of Craibstone Golf Course. The cache is located a few steps from the car park.
In 1525 it was described as’the gret marche stannis markit with the sauchter….’
A saucer stone is still located immediately behind the lettered stone.
(Stone 32 is 130 metres west of stone 33)