This is a magnetic micro placed at the site of the old Brent station. Please bring a pen/pencil.
Brent railway station served the village of South Brent on the southern edge of Dartmoor. It was not ready when the railway was opened, but was brought into use six weeks later on 15 June 1848.
On 19 December 1893 the station became a junction, with the opening of the Kingsbridge Branch Line. The branch line closed on 16 September 1963 and there was little reason for the station after that. Goods traffic was withdrawn on 6 April 1964 and to passengers on 5 October 1964. The signalbox was retained until 17 December 1973 when control of the line was transferred to the power signal box at Plymouth.
The former signalbox and goods shed on the westbound (Plymouth) side are still intact.
The cache could easily be incorperated into or act as a starting point for the South Brent Trail Series (GC2NAWE).
Congrats to 'Silky & Saucepan Man' for FTF!!!!