TOSCascades II - Upstream Adventure
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
A little bonus for all adventure-minded cachers who are willing to explore the upper waterfalls as well. Due to the steep slopes of the canyon this additional geohunt is quite challenging. This bonus will definitely make you sweat. But hey, you can take a refreshing shower at the final destination. ;-)
The micro-sized container is located close to the last and highest of the five waterfalls. You will find the coordinates for this bonus in the logbook of the traditional cache TOSCascades - Slapišče pod Toščem.
IMPORTANT: THE NEW BONUS COORDINATES ARE WRITTEN ON THE LAST PAPER PAGE! NOT ON THE OUTER PLASTIC! THOSE ARE THE OLD COORDS OF THE FIRST VERSION. THEY ARE NOT VALID ANY LONGER!
1. The access to the bonus is a lot more difficult than the little hike to the traditional cache below. It is quite challenging terrain.
2. Do not search for this cache in icy/snowy conditions or when it is raining. During/after rain the steep grassy slopes are quite slippery.
3. I advise you to wear sturdy hiking boots and to bring a pair of hiking poles with you.
4. There are two options for your approach to ground zero:
A) Direct line up from the traditional (more difficult). But there is no trail.
B) Easier: Small hiking trail on the slopes right from the waterfall (seen from below). The trail is not marked, but it is quite easy to find. Just go back to the trail on which you walked from the trailhead to the first waterfall and continue to hike up the hill (in the direction of TOSC).
In any case:
- Both options are doable without any climbing gear. Sometimes going around and making a little detour is safer than following your GPS. It depends on your preference.
- Do not climb up the waterfalls (unless you have the necessary equipment for canyoning)!
5. GPS reception is quite bad in the narrow ravine / canyon (plus / minus 10 to 15m). If you want to be on the safe side, look at the provided spoiler picture.
Be careful, watch your step at all times, and respect nature! Do not trample down too many wildflowers.
And, of course, enjoy the beautiful surrounding which is the real treasure here anyway. The little plastic box is just an added value.
Vaghvpvwn nyv/va fcbvyre / gehfg lbhe vaghvgvba be/naq gur fcbvyre