This cache will lead you to the Maritime museum of Sharjah where you can learn about the importance of fishing and pearl diving in the region, and especially about the different types of Dhows (wooden ships) that made it all possible. The Sharjah aquarium is located opposite to the museum, and can be visited using the same ticket.
The cache is placed close to the Sharjah Maritime museum. You're looking for a small film container.
The museum contains a variety of exhibits, the most impressive of which are probably those of the dhows. You will learn how to identify the following dhows (and others), and what distiguishes them from each other:
FTF honours: Wulf997
- Sambuk: the largest and most successful oceangoing dhow used mainly for cargo
- Boum: a large oceangoing dhow used for passengers and goods
- Shu’ai: a medium-sized dhow used for fishing and coastal trade. Mainly found in the inshore waters.
- Jalibut: a small- to medium-sized dhow used for trading and fishing, and as a pearling vessel. Modern version of the Shu’ai.
- Jahazi: a small dhow, similar to the Jalibut used for fishing or trading
STF honours: vogtlaender033
TTF honours: The_Jack_Sparrows