The building was originally designed by architect John Burnett. The single storey building, which accommodated the pool, two bath areas and two changing rooms, was created in 1870 and opened to members on 1st August 1871. In 1875 a small extension was added in order to accommodate a Turkish suite, and 18 years later, a second extension created space for a reading room and billiard room. In 1902, a first floor extension was added to one side of the building, giving it the form it has today.

In 2014 the Baths was awarded A Listed status by Historic Scotland. A restoration is underway and considerable internal improvements have been made in recent times.

Although the original membership of the Arlington Baths was rooted in the affluent mercantile class, it now welcomes people from all walks of life – young and old alike. The club is still owned and run by its membership, currently numbering around 1000. The building has welcomed many illustrious guests over the years including Rudolf Nureyev who, while on tour at the Theatre Royal, visited the clubs legendary masseur Jimmy Carlisle . The club is also rumoured to have been pivotal in the early development of the sport of water polo.

The cache is a magnetic nano placed close to what was the front door to the original 1870 building. Many muggle youth inhabit the nearby park, and swimmers will be coming and going, so some stealth is required.
Congratulations to Aphid Greene for FTF within 12 minutes of publication! And in jogging bottoms too!