Kilo estate owner Johan Agricola received in 1822 a permission to set up a stay-inn up along the road leading to Helsinki. Kilo's host initially worked for about a dozen years at Krouvinmäki, which replaced Bemböle stay-inn. In 1830 the Gransin kievari was transferred to a stay-inn, which was in the first place designed as a large host building. The building is made of logs and covered with roof tiles. Gransin kievari is the oldest building still standing in the Leppävaara area, but for how long? It should be promptly repaired and restored. (Text: Markku Salmi, photo: EKM)
Please enter the cache site from the east or the south, so residents won't be disturbed.