Fulbourn village has lots of history with archaelogical evidence of habitation dating way back to Neolithic periods. Fulbourn is thought to originate from Anglo-Saxon 'Fugleburn' meaning 'stream freqented by waterfowl'.
The Fulbourn War Memorial takes the form of a an Aberdeen granite Celtic cross mounted on a tapered shaft which stands atop a square base plinth with the inscription at the base of the shaft and on the plinth. There are 37 names listed for World War 1, 10 for World War 2 and one for the Gulf War. The memorial was unveiled by the Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire and the isle of Ely in May 1920.