Tri-Cities 2015 Geocoin Challenge
Hidden Treasures of the Mid-Columbia
June 26-28, 2015
Sacajawea State Park
**ADD IT TO YOUR CALENDAR!!**
- Enjoy a free, family friendly weekend for new and experienced geocachers.
- Travel around Tri-Cities (including West Richland) to find approximately 30 geocaches and earn trackable geocoin puzzle pieces.
- This year's event will also include a Lab Cache!
- Those who complete the challenge will receive the coin base and four "Xs," each trackable that magnetically attach, one for each of the four cities participating this year!
- Kids (12 and under) who complete the challenge will receive a prize.
- Signal the Frog will appear throughout the weekend!
TO REGISTER: Please log “WILL ATTEND” on this page with the # of people connected
to your geocache name as well as complete ON-LINE REGISTRATION FORM.
Also be sure to visit www.tricitiesgeocoin.com and/or https://www.facebook.com/GC4PFN6 for news and updates.
The below schedule is a work in progress. ;)
Thursday, June 25, 2015
10:00am - Lab Cache Series Going Live (TCGCHALLENGE))
6:00pm - Lab Cache Social, Rocco's Pizza GC5WJNE
Friday, June 26, 2015, Richland Community Center
7:00pm~ Meet & Greet Social – Great way to meet new and experienced geocachers. (GC5GPC3)
9:00pm~ Possible Night Cache “Free Space” published – A traditional night geocache uses reflective trail markers to lead you to a cache. The coordinates given on the geocache page take you to a starting point. From there you need to find the reflective trail markers that lead you to the final location. The final location normally has several reflective markers.
Saturday, June 27, 2015 (Sacajawea State Park)
**Parking Fee - Daily Access Pass ($10) or a Washington State Discovery Pass ($30) is required for parking at Sacajawea. If you don't have a Discovery Pass, you will be able to purchase either pass at the park entrance.**
8:00am ~ Breakfast, Biscuits & Gravy ($ TBD)
TBD ~ GPX Station – For those who need the event geocaches downloaded to their GPS unit, we will have volunteers available to assist you. BRING YOUR OWN CABLE just in case we don't have your specific GPS. This station is for GPS's only!
8:00am ~ Geocoin Challenge Kick-Off Event begins
~Meet & Greet (GeoBingo)
~Sign Event Log/Banner
9:00am ~ Welcome (Introductions, schedule, rules/expectations, thank yous)
9:15am ~ Group Photo
9:30am ~ Passports will be distributed
9:30am ~ GPX Station
2:00-5:00pm ~ Geocache Activities (TBD)
3:00-7:00pm ~ Geocoins - distributed to geocachers w/ completed passport (1 set per household)
2:00-5:00pm ~ Snacks
6:00-7:30pm ~ Dinner –Picnic Style Dinner (Pulled Pork or chicken sandwiches, hotdogs, mac-n-cheese, salad, drink & dessert) -
8:00pm ~ Contest Prizes (must be present to win)
9:15ishpm ~ 2014 Geocaching International Film Festival
Sunday, June 28, 2015 (Sacajawea State Park) (GC5X38H)
9:00am ~ Possible Continental Breakfast
10:00am-12:00pm ~ CITO-(Cache In Trash Out ) We will pick up trash throughout Sacajawea State Park. Our goal is to leave the park nicer than we found it.
10:00am-12:00pm ~ Geocoins - distributed to geocachers w/ completed passport (1 set per household)
For RV/Camping and Hotel Information visit: www.tricitiesgeocoin.com
- Richland Parks and Recreation
- Pasco Parks and Recreation
- Kennewick Parks and Recreation
- West Richland
- Tri-Cities Visitor & Convention Bureau
- Friends of Sacajawea
- Washington State Geocache Association (WSGA)