Skip to content

<

Doué - L'église de la Chapelle

A cache by Les GeoSurDoué & OT Doué Send Message to Owner Message this owner
Hidden : 01/02/2015
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1.5 out of 5

Size: Size:   micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:

L'église de la Chapelle


Photo église



Drapeau français

Note : dans cette cache vous trouverez un indice utile pour la cache bonus des églises GC5JHJ6.

Au 11ème siècle, une chapelle dédiée à Notre Dame fut donnée par le chevalier Guillaume ROUFFAIN aux moines de Saint Maur.
Les religieux de Saint Maur établirent dès avant 1105 un prieuré et y constituèrent une paroisse.
L'église dédiée à la vierge avait pour patron secondaire Saint Hilaire. Elle datait du 12ème siècle, mais lors de sa démolition en 1875, elle était toute déformée par une série de reconstructions datant du 15ème siècle. Un terrible ouragan avait causé d'importants dommages à l'église le 15 Mars 1751.
Après réflexion le Conseil Municipal décide de la reconstruire au  XIXème.
Cet édifice de style roman à toujours été distincte de Doué car séparée par le mur de la ville. L’église de la Chapelle date du XIIème siècle. Elle avait pour baron initial le baron de Doué. Foullon acquit le prieuré et tous ses droits en 1772.

Source : ville-douelafontaine.fr


Cette cache est une petite multi à une seule étape.

A l'entrée de l'église, vous voyez le nom de la paroisse. Soit Z le nombre de lettres du nom de son Saint (premier mot).
Coordonnées finales : N 47°11.XXX'  W 0°16.YYY'
XXX = 75*Z + 3
YYY = 1000 - 2*Z - 1

La cache n'est pas dans le mur, merci de le préserver.


UK Flag

Note : in this cache you will find a useful clue for the churches bonus cache GC5JHJ6.

In the 11th century, a chapel dedicated to Our Lady was given by the knight Guillaume ROUFFAIN to the monks of Saint Maur.
The monks of St. Maur established a priory from before 1105 and there formed a parish.
The church dedicated to the Virgin has Saint Hilaire as a secondary patron. It dated from the 12th century, but at its demolition in 1875, it was all distorted by a series of reconstructions from the 15th century. A terrible hurricane had caused extensive damage to the church March 15, 1751.
After thought the city council decides to rebuild it in the 19th.
This Romanesque building has always been distinct from Doué because separated by the wall of the city. The church of La Chapelle (the Chapel) dates from the 12th century. It had as initial baron the baron of Doué. Foullon bought the priory and all its rights in 1772.

Translated from source : ville-douelafontaine.fr


This cache is a short multi in a single step.

At the entrance to the church, you see the name of the parish ("paroisse"). Z is the number of letters of the name of its Saint (first word).
Final coordinates: N 47°11.XXX'  W 0°16.YYY'
XXX = 75*Z + 3
YYY = 1000 - 2*Z - 1

The cache is not in the wall, thank you for preserving it.


Avec l'aimable participation de l'office de tourisme de Doué-la-Fontaine et sa région.
With the kind participation of the tourist office of Doué-la-Fontaine and its region.

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Fnhs ...

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)