Skip to content

Ruines Eglise du Fort - Saint Pierre Traditional Cache

Hidden : 1/23/2015
Difficulty:
2 out of 5
Terrain:
2 out of 5

Size: Size:   small (small)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


La cache se trouve sur ce site des ruines de l'Eglise du Fort de la commune de Saint-Pierre au Nord Caraïbes.

LE SITE :

L'église du fort : Le site le plus émouvant de la catastrophe, avec ses ruines, ses colonnes jetées en travers de la rue, les fondations noircies, les barils pétrifiés dans le clocher. Une première église de bois existait en 1640, mais elle fut reconstruite en dur vers 1680. Le dominicain Labat ne se priva pas de critiquer l'œuvre architecturale de ses confrères-ennemis jésuites, lorsqu'il décrivit l'église en 1694. La paroisse relevait en effet des jésuites depuis l'arrivée du RP Bouton, premier d'entre eux, jusqu'à leur expulsion en 1764. Son clocher d'une trentaine de mètres de hauteur était séparé du reste de l'édifice comme on le constate dans les plus anciennes églises de la Martinique au Prêcheur et au Marin. Reconstruite en 1895, elle était remplie de fidèles et de premiers communiants lorsque la mort s'abattit en pleine messe de l'Ascension, le 8 mai 1902.

LA CACHE :

Une fois que vous arrivez sur le site en utilisant le parking prévu, la cache de petite taille est placée non loin du site. Faîtes preuve d'une grande discrétion et de précautions une fois sur le site suite aux nombreux visiteurs et passages de voitures. SVP, mettez bien en place la cache une fois visitée.

The hiding place is on this site of the Church of the Fort of the municipality of Saint-Peter in the North Caribbean.

THE SITE :

The church of the fort: the most moving site of the disaster, with its ruins, its columns thrown across the street, the darkened foundations, the barrels petrified in the bell tower. A first wooden church existed in 1640, but it was reconstructed there hard by 1680. The Dominican Labat did not hesitate to criticize the architectural work of his Jesuit colleagues-enemies, when he described the church in 1694. The parish indeed raised Jesuits since the arrival of RP button, first of them, until their eviction in 1764. Its bell tower of around thirty meters in height was besides separated from the building as we notice it in the most oldest churches of Martinique to the Moralizer and to the Sailor. Reconstructed in 1895, it was filled with believers and with children taking their first communion when the death beat down in full mass of the Ascension Day, on May 8th, 1902.

THE CACHE :

When you arrive on the site by using the planned parking lot, the small-sized hiding place is placed not far from the site. Summits proof of a big discretion and precautions once on the site further to the numerous visitors and traffic of cars. PLEASE, put firmly in place the hiding place visited time.

__________________

Contenu original:
- Log et quelques petits trésors habituels.
- TB :  Bella the Bookworm - TB5538F
- Crayon et taille crayon
- Certificat FTF et pin GEOCACHING

Original Content:
- Log and the usual little treasures.
- TB :  Bella the Bookworm - TB5538F
- Pencil and cut Pencil
- FTF Certificate and Pin GEOCACHING

Since August 19, 2017

Flag Counter

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Fbhf qrf oybpf qr ehvarf Haqre oybpxf bs Ehvaf FIC, erzrggrm yr ybtobbx qnaf fn crgvgr obhgrvyyr cbhe yr cebgétre qr y'uhzvqvgé. Cyrnfr chg gur ybtobbx onpx va vgf fznyy obggyr gb cebgrpg vg sebz zbvfgher.

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)