A crafty cache just off the path that runs through the churchyard. Some stealth required as the churchyard has frequent visitors and is near cottages, the village hall and a working farmyard. Please replace as found so that the cache remains disguised. Small prize for FTF.
The ancient church of the Holy Rood is situated at the centre of this delightful Oxfordshire village. Its origins are pre-Norman, the tower and pyramid roof are Norman, although the chancel was rebuilt in 1895 after a fire. There are some good old timbers and pews surviving as well as fragments of 14th century windows. The panelling around the walls and the swags over the choir stalls come from the Wren screen in Merton College Chapel, which was taken down in 1851. It has an open and light interior and at harvest festival it is filled with produce reflecting the agricultural community.