Skip to content

Mt. Akada Traditional Cache

Hidden : 2/27/2015
Difficulty:
2 out of 5
Terrain:
2 out of 5

Size: Size:   other (other)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:

Tochigi Low Mountain Cache


Mt.Akada is a small mountain in the city of Nasu-Shiobara, near Nishi-Nasuno IC of Tohoku Expressway. The elevation of the mountain is 310.9 meters or 1020 feet high. The elevation of the entrance is 289 meters or 948 feet. You have to climb 22 meters up to the summit. The cache is located near the summit.

 

The following is the description on the board at the entrance.

Monument: AKADAYAMA (Mt.Akada) Designated on October 1, 1964 by City of Nasu-Shiobara)

Mt. Akada is a hill of thick red soil and elevation is 310.9 meters (1020 feet). It is marked in old map in Edo era (1603 – 1968) and it was also called “Mt. Inari” or “Mt. Sakazuki”. In 1880, Michitsune MISHIMA (Later Govener of Tochigi Prefecture and Superintendent‐General of the Metropolitan Police, Viscount) organized the first large scale farm called Chokosha in Nasunogahara. Obtained 2540 acres from the national government and started developing the area. On the same year Michitsune came up to the hill and deliberate the concept of the development. June of the following year, he came the hill again and made Japanese poem meaning “The area has been rough land long time, develop this land and make village with prosper people.” In August Prince Arisugawa Taruhito came the area with Meiji Emperor visited Nasunogahara Development Site and Mt.Akada. The shrine at the summit is Mochio Shrine. In 1906 it is enshrining together with Mishima Shrine. The title board of the shrine is written by Daijo-daijin Sanjo Sanetomi in early Meiji era.

By Educational Committee of the City of Nasu-Shiobara

 

赤田山は那須塩原市の東北自動車道・西那須野IC近くにある標高310.9mの小さな山です。ふもとの登山口の標高は289mですので、標高差22mの登山となります。登頂にはおよそ2分くらいかかります。キャッシュはその頂上付近に設置しました。

 

以下ふもとの案内の記述です:

史跡  赤田山 〔那須塩原市指定文化財 昭和39年10月1日指定〕

 赤田山は標高310.9mの厚い赤土層からなる丘陵で、江戸時代の地図にも記載されており、かつては「稲荷山」「盃山」とも呼ばれていました。

 明治13年(1880年)三島通庸(のちの栃木県令・初代警視総監、子爵)を中心とした人々は、那須野ヶ原における最初の大農場である肇耕社(ちょうこうしゃ)(後の三島農場)を組織し、この一帯1037町歩(約1028ヘクタール)を国から貸下げを受け、開拓事業に着手しました。同年、通庸は貸下げ地を視察し、この丘に上がって開拓の構想を練りました。

 翌年6月、通庸はふたたびこの丘に上がり「神代より荒れし那須野を拓きつつ 民栄えゆく村となさなん」の歌をよんでいます。

 同年8月には、明治天皇の東北巡幸に従ってきた有栖川宮熾仁親王が、天皇の名代として那須野ヶ原開拓地を訪れ、赤田山に立ち寄っています。

 丘上にある神社は、母智丘(もちお)神社といい、明治39年に三島通庸を祀った三島神社に合祀され境外神社となりました。神社の扁額は、明治初期の太政大臣三条実美の筆になります。

                 那須塩原市教育委員会

Additional Hints (No hints available.)

Advertising with Us