The first school began at Ebenezer Church in 1810 under the tutelage of schoolmaster John Youl. The school operated out of the church until the 1870s and went under the name of the Portland Head Presbyterian Denominational School. The Public Schools Act of 1866 introduced Provisional Schools, especially aimed at thinly populated areas.
Dr David Moore and Thomas Arndell made a formal application for a provisional school at Portland Head which was approved 29 June 1874. By 1886 the number of pupils attending had expanded to a point that local residents applied for the Portland Head Provisional School to be upgraded to a public school. Approval was granted and two acres of land was set aside along Coromandel Road. The new building was operational by 1887 and the name of the school was also changed to the Ebenezer Public School.
Tragedy struck the school on the night of 17 December 1901 when a bush fire completely destroyed the buidlings. A new brick school was built at its present location on Sackville Road. Ebenezer Public School officially opened 18 June 1902.
For the EG-Q#25: Final Puzzle, what is the number of slats on the bus stop seat.
Note: Bring your own pen/pencil to sign the log. Please replace cache so that it cannot be seen from the road.