Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.
A Back Door Mystery: Bonus
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The listed coordinates will take you to the "back door" of the Angle Fly Preserve, where you will find the eastern terminus of the blue trail. But that is not where you will find the cache. First, you will have to find two other caches hidden in, near or around Somers Reis Park. In each of those two caches you will find some of the numbers you will need to detect the final coordinates.
Please hide the cache the same, or better, than you find it. (You probably already knew that.)
Bits and pieces of the coordinates for the final can be found in these two caches:
Here's the solution to the mystery (minus a few critical digits):
N41 1X.OLD W073 4Y.BET
Congratulations to GRSchmid for being the first to complete the series and find this cache.
A Suggested Itinerary
If you follow this itinerary, figure on a total walk of approximately 1 3/4 miles, on level paths and trails. Add one-half mile if you walk, round-trip, at step 3.
- Start with Brown-eyed Girl. After making the find (and recording the necessary data) continue to follow the trail counter-clockwise.
- After you reach the end of the trail, you will be close to the first stage of Dewey. Goes Geocaching Dewey is a two-stage mystery cache. It is not necessary to find Dewey to unlock the Back Door, but since you are here, why not find it? (There are other caches along the trail, but I did not hide them. Why is Dewey even mentioned here? Call it "marketing." It's my hide and I want you to find it.)
- Next, either drive or walk to the suggested parking for Needles. It is not an especially long walk, but there are no sidewalks.
- Go find Needles. Once again, you will discover some of the numbers for the Back Door mystery.
- Reverse course and head back toward the Reis Park parking lot. When you get close to the lot, you may be able to find the final stage of Dewey. Goes Geocaching. Unfortunately, Dewey is available during limited hours -- and never on Sunday.
- Now, go find the Back Door Mystery cache.
- Log onto geocaching.com and record three finds. Or maybe four.
Last Updated: on 9/17/2017 8:22:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time (3:22 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum