Pye Hill #1 - Part of the Pye Hill Colliery Trail
Jacksdale's pit was first sunk in 1874 by James Oakes & Co. Its entrance was sited at Selston Road at an 'exposed' section of the Nottinghamshire coalfield. Pye Hill pit as it was known was actually the amalgamation of three individual pits sunk by different mining companies, Jacksdale's pit was renamed "Pye Hill No 2", No 1 being Selston/Underwood and No 3 at New Selston.[1] Pye Hill pit was closed in 1985, and the spoil heaps have since been made safe and landscaped for walking, providing access to nearby Jubilee Hill
Jessops Tower can be seen in the distance at Codnor Park monument (as it is known locally), the tower was erected in 1854 to the memory of William Jessop Jnr. Look and listen out for the steam train passing by.
Container is a small plastic box, with room for trackables and swaps.