This cache is part of a series of eight caches related to the game Minecraft. Each of seven preliminary caches has a code word that is required to unlock both later caches in the series and ultimately this, the eighth and final bonus cache. See the links at the bottom of this listing to access all of the caches in the series.
The Ender Dragon. Bane of the hard-toiling Minecrafter. Destroyer of blocks and recipient of Ender Crystals healing power. A mighty foe!
As a prerequisite to finding this cache, you must first find all seven of the previous caches in the series (as well as taking the crafting test further down the cache page). Once you have, you should find yourself astride your Horse wearing Enchanted Diamond armor. To receive the coordinates for the first stage and further instructions on your quest, you have two options (both options return the same info):
1) Alphabetize all of the code words you have collected from the seven prerequisite caches and include them in the subject line of an email to email@example.com. An automated reply will provide you detailed information.
2) Download the following password-protected pdf file and create the password thusly: alphabetize the code words, remove all spaces, then for each letter, convert it to a number using its placement in the alphabet (A=1, B=2, etc). For all even numbers, convert them back to letters. So e.g. "CLUE" --> 3 12 21 5 --> 3L215
Alert: You are about to download files that contains further details needed to find this geocache. As the cache owner, I represent that these files are safe to download although they have not been checked by Groundspeak or by the reviewer for possible malicious content or venom. Download files at your own risk.
The Ender Dragon PDF
In addition to those instructions, bring the results from this test of your crafting prowess:
- A = number of obsidian blocks needed to craft an ender chest
- B = number of diamonds needed to craft a diamond chestplate
- C = number of redstone dust piles needed to craft a redstone block
- D = number of iron ingots needed to craft a cauldron
- E = number of sugarcane stalks need to craft sugar
- F = number of wood planks needed to craft 4 sticks
To defeat the Ender Dragon plan on a 2 mile loop hike with several stops along the way. Difficulty rating includes effort required to find all of the previous caches. Terrain is for this cache only.
Cache of the Year and Best Theme/Series
Links to caches (click on rectangles in image). Arrows show which caches are prerequisite to find other caches in the series.
"Minecraft" © is a trademark of Mojang AB. This geocache listing is not affiliated in any way with Mojang.
Congratulations to CWillyPngn for making his 700th cache find here!