The Midland Railway arrived in 1845 and later in 1875 came the Great Northern Railway, cutting a track through Jacksdale with its twenty arch viaduct.
High on top of the viaduct stood the village railway station, first named ‘Selston & Codnor Park’, and later ‘Jacksdale & Codnor Park’.
The station was well used and provided villagers with a quick and easy route to Nottingham and beyond.
In 1963, under the ‘Beeching Axe’ Jacksdale Station was one of over 2,300 British stations closed in the massive national re-structuring of railway lines.
The viaducts eventually fell into dis-repair and were demolished in 1974.