Mangateparu district was bought by the Government & distributed to soldiers returning from war in a ballot system. On April 9th 1929 4 acres in the Mangateparu township was gazetted as a domain. In 1947 the memorial gates were erected. Recently the area has been re-fenced into 2 paddocks and has sheep grazing in 1 feild. The remaining paddock (not housing sheep) is now available for weddings, picnics and even self contained motorhomes for freedom camping overnight.
This is a small cache containing just a logbook. Replaced 7/01/19