Skip to content

Ye old fishing hole. Multi-Cache

This cache has been archived.

Will_Dieterich: Gone.

More
Hidden : 5/31/2015
Difficulty:
2.5 out of 5
Terrain:
2 out of 5

Size: Size:   regular (regular)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


The Bärenloch has been the home of many caches from a bear series to a cache with the old man by the lake.  This is the first fishing cache.  Come out and try your luck; pole and recommended location provided.

Die Bärenloch wurde von einem Bären-Reihe auf einen Cache mit dem alten Mann am See war die Heimat von vielen Caches. Dies ist die erste Fang Cache. Komm heraus und versuchen Sie Ihr Glück; Pol und empfohlene Ort zur Verfügung gestellt.


Das Bärenloch Bärenloch - dieser Flurname erklärt sich im ersten Namensteil durch das Auftreten von Braunbären in der bergigen, waldreichen Pfalz. Schon im Jahr 1479 findet man die Bezeichnung "berndayl" (mhd. "Bärental"). Aus dem hinteren Talbereich des Bärenlochs, unterhalb der felsigen Platte, genannt "Hexentanzplatz", fließt aus ergiebigen Quellen klares, frisches Wasser in mehrere Fischweiher, bis zum größten Woog, der die Weiherstraße noch im Jahre 1874 zum Damm hatte. Diese Weiher waren im Mittelalter, vielleicht schon unter Kaiser Barbarossa, zu Fischzucht und Fischfang angelegt worden. Die Sickingen-Hohenburger verkauften nach den Befreiungskriegen die Bärenlochweiher um 1823 an die Familie Gienanth. Carl Freiherr von Gienanth ließ 1874, so wie es die heutigen Anlagen zum Teil noch aufweisen, einen neuen großen Weiher und, im hinteren Tal, einige Rückhaltebecken als Fischteiche anlegen. Im Laufe der Zeit änderten sich die Besitzverhältnisse mehrmals. Das aus den Weihern durch das Tal abfließende Wasser nahm einst in einem offenen Graben als Königsbach - heute Kindsbach genannt - seinen Weg. Am alten Dorfbrunnen vorbei fließt er unter der Kaiserstraße, Marktstraße und Hirtenpfad. Der weitere Verlauf führt durch Wiesen und Wald.
Bears hole ("Bärenloch") The name bears hole is in part due to the appearance of brown bears in the hilly and well-wooded Palatinate. The name "berndayl" Middle high German fpr bears dale already appears in 1479. Out of the back of the bears hole beneath the rocky platform called "Hexentanzplatz" (= witches dance place) pure fresh water flows from fertile springs into several fish ponds and into the largest pond which until 1874 had the "Weiherstraße" (= pond street) as a bank. In the middle ages possibly already under the regency of emporer Barbarossa these ponds were built for culture and fishing. About 1823 after the liberation wars the Sickingen-Hohenburgers sold the ponds to the noble family Gienanth. In 1874 Carl Baron of Gienanth had a new large pond built in the back of the dale as well as a few storage basins as fish ponds. These partially still exist today. In the course of time possessors changed repeatedly. The water draining of the ponds used to flow in an open stream called "Königsbach" (= kings rivulet). Today we call it "Kindsbach". It passes the old village fountain underneath the Kaiserstraße, Marktstraße and Hirtenpfad and continues through meadows and woods.
Source - http://www.kindsbach.de/tourismus/sehenswertescuriositessightscuriosita/

Additional Hints (Decrypt)

Ubyra Fvr fvpu qvr orvqra Grvyr qre Natryehgr. Anpufpuyntra. Qraxra Fvr qnena, Vuer Treägr mh üoreceüsra. Trg obgu cnegf bs lbhe svfuvat cbyr. Ybbx hc. Erzrzore gb purpx lbhe rdhvczrag orsber svfuvat.

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)