Canonbury existed as early as the 1830's as a footpath, but grew with the removal of Shrewsbury School from the town to Kingsland in the 1880's. Holly House which is close to this cache was used as a boarding house for the Girls High School at the turn of the 20th Century. The house known as Kingsland Bank was designed by Thomas Farnolls Pritchard in 1759 to a commission by the Drapers Company (and altered in the 1860s). Several acres of land went with the house which was originally known as the Cann Office. The Census for 1851, showed the Burr family are living in Kingsland Bank which adjoined their Lead works (now Burr's Field?), and Miss Jane Burr was still living there in the 1891 Census. The Beehive at the end of Canonbury facing Kingsland Road, was probably built at the end of the 18th century, when it was a smaller house. During the 19th Century is served as a public house before being closed down in 1895.