About SideTracked Caches
This cache belongs to the SideTracked series. It is not designed to take you to a magical place with a breath taking view. It's a distraction for the weary traveller, but anyone else can go and find it too. More Information can be found at the SideTracked Website
About Bridgnorth Station
The original Severn Valley Railway Company was absorbed by the Great Western Railway and then in 1948 by British Railways (Western Region). Closure between Shrewsbury and Bewdley came in 1963.
In 1965 the Severn Valley Railway Society was formed by a group of railway enthusiasts who met in The Coopers Arms in Kidderminster. Initial efforts succeeded in raising 25% of the £25,000 purchase price for the closed five-mile section of the Severn Valley line from Bridgnorth to Alveley Colliery. By 1967 the first rolling stock – an engine and four coaches – had been received.
The next three years were spent restoring the line to operating condition, and obtain the legal authority, a Light Railway Order, from the Department of Environment, gained only after experiencing considerable difficulties. The section from Bridgnorth to Hampton Loade was opened for public passenger services in May 1970, and the remainder of the purchase price was paid shortly afterwards.