
Tank Road was home to Singapore’s first railway station. In the early years of the 1900s, the first railway line across Singapore was constructed with Tank Road as the southern terminus. The Tank Road Station opened in 1903, and trains leaving the station would continue north towards Newton, and run parallel to Bukit Timah Road and Woodlands Road towards Kranji. Before the construction of the Causeway, passengers will then take a ferry to Johor and continue northwards on the Peninsular from there. The railway line was further extended south to pass through Pulau Saigon, Tanjong Pagar with its terminus at Borneo Wharf in 1907.
When the railway line was realigned to the new route (which is now the Green Corridor) passing through Buona Vista, the Tank Road line was dismantled. The Tank Road Station was demolished in 1933 after the new Southern Terminal along Keppel Road began its operation. The former site of the railway station is now the green space that lies between Clemenceau Avenue and Tank Road.
Along Tank Road today stands a few prominent buildings that have been in the area from about the same period as the train station. The published coordinates will bring you to one of these buildings.
Gather the following numbers to find the final cache:
ABCD = Year in which the building was completed. It is displayed somewhere on its façade.
E = The number of Chinese characters in the building’s name.
The final cache is located at:
N 01° 17.(B – A)(D)(2E)
E 103° 50.(B – E)(3C + E)(B)