Veteran's Memorial Park
405 E St. NE
Veteran's Memorial Park is a popular community park located close to downtown Auburn and adjacent to Auburn High School's Memorial Stadium. The park is distinctive for its Veterans Memorial structure (built in 2000), shady woods and underlying expanse of green lawn.
A 1,928 sq. ft. community building opened at the park in 2007. It has the capacity for 74 people and includes a galley area with a sink. It also serves as the headquarters for the American Legion Auburn Post #78. The building is available for rentals for special events, meetings, parties, and more.
- Play Structure
- 1/2 Basketball Court
- Outdoor Barbeques
- William C. Warren Community Building (available for rental)
- Backyard Idea Garden
- Veterans Memorial
Formerly named City Park, the park was dedicated and opened in 1926, and was touted as the largest, most up-to-date and complete (park) in all the surrounding country. Money for the park came from a 1924 bond issue and the property was purchased from the Faucett family. The park was renamed in 2000 to honor Auburn Veterans groups who help to build the Veterans Memorial in the park.
Congrats Frisky Biscuits on FTF!