Byfleet and New Haw railway station is served by the Waterloo to Woking service, operated by South West Trains. The station is at the northern edge of Byfleet with the village of New Haw immediately to the north and the M25 motorway within 400m to the west.
The station was opened on 10 July 1927 to cater for the increasing local population. The opening of the Vickers aircraft factory in 1911 led to Byfleet's population doubling in just ten years. Many new houses were built to accommodate the factory workers.
The station was originally called "West Weybridge" and changed to its present name in June 1962.
It is on a section of railway that forms part of the South Western Main Line's original form, the London and Southampton Railway, which was built in stages. The first stage opened in May 1838 and joined the London Terminus in Nine Elms with Woking Common, now Woking.
The London Necroplis Railwayservice would have passed through this location from its inception in 1854 until its demise, in 1941, during the Second World War.[
Byfleet and New Haw Station is in close proximity to the historical Brooklands racetrack and aerodrome, which date back to 1907. The racetrack hosted the 1927 Britsh Grand Prix a few months after the station opened.